WE WILL DRIVE THE FUTURE OF DIGITAL HEALTH
COVID-19 has changed our world for the long-haul and systems, payers, clinics, and other organizations must move faster to be prepared for what the Future of Healthcare will be.
The Digital Health Lab is a collaborative initiative designed to surface new opportunities, more rapidly define partnerships and identify new solutions that create more accessible and lower cost care while improving patient outcomes.
The Lab offers the opportunity for companies to rapidly test products, work on proprietary projects or to create customized versions of the Lab to accelerate Digital Health initiatives focused on specific challenges.
Some options include:
- Strategic vetting and validating of partnerships, technologies and new market opportunities
- Incubating new business models and ideas
- De-risking R&D and exploring and experimenting with cutting-edge technologies by executing in a neutral “external lab” setting
- Developing POCs and MVPs and running pilots faster
- Testing products and services in a rapid experimentation framework
- Keeping an eye on the horizon of rapidly changing technologies in healthcare with an annual membership in the Member Network (with focus on digital health in partnership with the Emerging Tech Hub at the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery)
Hyper Innovation Digital Health Lab
De-risk R&D and Rapidly Test New Solutions
- Access to an AI and predictive analytics simulator sandbox with EMR emulation for rapid testing and iteration
- Real-world test beds and clinics for testing with clinical staff and patients
- Systematic "kill fast, grow fast" processes
- Access to variable capacity resources from subject matter experts, university talent, and technology partners.
- Neutrality of a third-party Lab environment
More Effectively Collaborate with Startups, Universities, and Other Companies
Health Tech Innovation at Speed and Scale
The Lab is focused on identifying real-world applications for health tech solutions, exploring and experimenting with novel technologies in healthcare, de-risking R&D for industry partners, and providing opportunities for collaboration with startups, universities, and other companies. Current challenges and projects include:
- Tracking COVID-19 through remote monitoring and developing predictive and prescriptive models for addressing resource scarcity and demand
- RPM in a simulated AI predictive analytics platform to rapidly test and iterate to understand physician acceptability of data and insights for monitoring chronic conditions
- 3D scanning of home environments to understand the impact of environment on health and behavior
- Injury risk reduction and performance optimization
- AR and location-based services to enhance customer / patient experience
- Opportunities to improve access to mental health resources using VR
- Exploring the potential for wearables in non-medicinal pain relief and chronic condition monitoring
Emerging Tech Hub at the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery
The Emerging Tech Hub at the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery is an initiative built upon the importance of the impact and real-world application for emerging technologies. Through training, practice, and outreach, the Hub provides a catalyst for advancing technology innovation and developing the next generation of future professionals.
Hyper Innovation (HI) is an Innovation-as-a-Service agency focused on Digital Health. HI provides services that create new competitive advantage for global brands through strategic identification and prioritization of new opportunities, speed to market with methods to quickly identify applications for emerging tech, and ways to inform build/buy/partner decisions.
Learn More About Accelerating Innovation in Digital Health
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about opportunities for shared learnings in the Lab or to define a pilot, project, or customized version of the Digital Health Lab based on your organization's challenges and strategic priorities.